Here’s something I never thought I’d do: place raw chicken breasts in my blender and pulverize them into tiny ground chicken bits.
Also on that list: boil my blender.
I’ve been intrigued by the chicken burger for awhile now. I’ve seen them all over the interwebs (don’t you just love calling them that?), but the recipes always call for ground chicken.
I don’t know where you all are shopping, but my grocery store definitely does not carry ground chicken. Ground turkey? Yes. Ground sausage? Yes. Ground beef? Obvs.
But no ground chicken. I’ve searched. I’ve asked. I’ve spent faaaar too long lingering by the poultry section and moving stuff around just to make sure it wasn’t hidden behind some Manager’s Special drumsticks.
Finally, I decided my grocery store’s apparent lack of concern about my ground chicken crisis could no longer keep me from experiencing the chicken burger.
So I googled “How to grind chicken breast” and discovered a blender method.
Did I worry about getting salmonella in my smoothies? Oh yes.
Was I desperate enough to try it anyway? You betcha.
And guess what? It worked. AND I didn’t get salmonella in my smoothies. Hooray!
I’m gonna be honest, pulverizing chicken breasts is totally weird, but it TOTALLY works. All those little chicken pieces can be smooshed together into perfect little burger patties.
But not just any kind of patty.
Buffalo chicken patties.
Holy moly, guys. These things are amazing.
They taste exactly like a buffalo hot wing, only in burger form. Like whoa. Spicy, seasoned buffalo wing just infiltrated my burger. I was in love. The Mr. raved. These were an instant winner.
You know we had to add blue cheese to the top. Because, well, blue cheese and buffalo wings belong together!
And you know what else belongs with buffalo wings, right? Wet wipes.
Ha. Just kidding. I totally meant ranch dressing. That pinky sauce that’s running down the sides of the burger and making a complete mess?
It’s ranch and buffalo sauce.
You’re going to want that cool, creamy, spicy sauce all over your chicken burger.
Maybe you’ll need that wet wipe after all.
Wanna know the other reason I think this recipe is FAN-tastic? It’s soooo easy to make. You just grind up your chicken, wash your blender obsessively with hot soap and water for 20 minutes, then throw everything together in a big bowl and shape into patties.
And though the Mr. won’t approve of me telling you this, you don’t even have to eat these on a bun. If you’re low carbing it, or if you just need some greens, you can pop the patty on a pile of green stuff, pile it with blue cheese and ranch dressing, and eat yourself a big ol’ tasty Buffalo Blue Cheese Chicken Salad.
I actually preferred eating it that way, but we can just keep that our little secret. Capeesh?
- 2 large chicken breasts
- ⅓ cup buffalo sauce
- ⅔ cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 Tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- Some kinda green stuff
- 3 Tablespoons ranch dressing
- 3 Tablespoons buffalo wing sauce
- 4 oz. crumbled blue cheese
- 4 buns
- Preheat the grill to high heat.
- Cut chicken breasts into strips then place them in a blender. Pulse until mixture is cut into small pieces. You may need to use a spatula to move the mixture around a bit during the process. Remove the chicken from the blender and place it in a large bowl. Wash your blender obsessively.
- Add remaining burger ingredients to the bowl and use your fingers or a wooden spoon to mix together well. Shape into four patties.
- Place patties on the grill and grill for 5-6 minutes per side or until no pink remains.
- Meanwhile, for the sauce, mix together buffalo wing sauce and ranch dressing.
- To assemble, place burgers on buns, and divide greens, sauce, and blue cheese evenly between them. Dig in!
Recipe by Neighborfood