I’m so happy to welcome Kendra Thornton to Neighborfood today. Kendra is a travel expert who has literally eaten all over the world! She’s also a mom who loves to share unique, authentic cuisine with her family. When Kendra contacted me with a recipe for a Honey Bear Smoothie, there was no way I could say no!
We already know peanut butter, banana, and honey make the perfect grilled sandwich, but did you know they also make a killer smoothie? After trying this recipe, I can see why she couldn’t get enough of this smoothie. It is seriously, seriously delicious. Plus, it’s gluten and dairy free, perfect for this week’s #SundaySupper Free for All, featuring recipes free from common allergens. Thanks again for sharing this amazing recipe with us, Kendra!
The phrase goes, “What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas.” Everything, that is, except for this fabulously Sweet Honey Bear smoothie that I fell in LOVE with while staying at the Cosmopolitan, ranked amongst some of the best foodie hotels in Las Vegas! I was introduced to this sweet concoction by the hotel’s poolside dining service during my former vacation. After a little bit of sweet talk, I was fortunate enough to get the poolside restaurant to give me the recipe! I brought the recipe back to Chicago to share with my family and friends and now, my dear reader, I am passing it on to you.
With the days getting longer and warmer, what better way to celebrate the end of winter’s bearish hibernation that with a smoothie made with honey and cinnamon! This recipe can be made with either almond milk or coconut milk, depending upon your preference. I also like to add more cinnamon than what the recipe calls for, but that’s just because I love cinnamon! I suggest giving the shake an initial taste test after blending the ingredients together to determine if you need to add any more (I find that I am always sneaking in more cinnamon into my shake ☺). Finally, if you use a frozen banana instead of one at room temperature, the shake will have a consistency closer to ice cream—perfect for a warm spring day!
This week’s #SundaySupper features a goldmine of recipes for those dealing with allergies to nuts, gluten, or dairy. Be sure to check them all out below!
- - 1 cup Coconut or Almond Milk
- - 3-4 Ice Cubes (crushed)
- - 2 tbsp. of Peanut Butter
- - ½ tbsp. of Honey
- - 1 Banana (frozen for an ice cream-like consistency)
- - 2 tsp. of Cinnamon (I ALWAYS add more!)
- First add in the almond or coconut milk and the ice cubes, blending until smooth. If you blend these two ingredients together until frothy and smooth (what I highly suggest doing) it will make your blending life much easier once you start adding the other ingredients.
- Next, chop up the banana into small pieces, adding them with the peanut butter to the blended milk mixture. Then, add the honey and cinnamon, blending at a low setting until the banana pieces have been liquefied and the mixture is once again smooth. Finally, taste-test the smoothie to see if you need to add anymore of the ingredients to suit your taste buds. Then, pour into chilled glasses and serve immediately. For a fun addition, serve with honey gram bear-shaped cookies!
- I hope you enjoy this smoothie just as much as my family and I do! ☺
- Dairy, Egg, Gluten, Nut & Soy Free Brown Rice Breakfast Pudding by girlichef
- Dairy & Nut and Sugar Free Blueberry Tangerine Muffins by Vintage Kitchen
- Dairy, Egg, Gluten, Nut, and Soy Free Homemade Mango Jam Recipe by Masala Herb
- Gluten Free Nothing Missing Manicotti by Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Gluten Free Sun-Dried Tomato & Feta Meatballs over Courgette Noodles by Small Wallet, Big Appetite
- Gluten Free Pizza by Cravings of a Lunatic
- Dairy, Egg & Nut Free Balsamic Portobello Burgers by Curious Cuisinere
- Dairy & Egg Free Raw Pasta with Tomato and Basil Sauce by Mama’s Blissful Bites
- Dairy, Egg, Gluten & Nut Free Mushroom Risotto Bake by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Dairy, Egg & Gluten Free Vegan Mac and “Cheese” by Webicurean
- Dairy, Egg & Nut Free Creamy Mushrooms on Pasta by The Not So Cheesy Kitchen
- Gluten Free Persian Cucumber Yoghurt by Shockingly Delicious
- Gluten Free Quinoa with Olives, Basil and Sun-dried Tomatoes by That Skinny Chick Can Bake!!!
- Dairy Free Farro and Fruit Salad by Magnolia Days
- Dairy, Egg, Gluten & Dairy Free Fattoush Salad by From the Bookshelf
- Gluten Free Chickpea Fritters by The Lovely Pantry
- Dairy, Egg, and Gluten Free Black Bean and Mango Salad by Soni’s Food
- Dairy, Egg, Gluten, and Nut Free Grilled Fennel Salad by Food Lust People Love
- Dairy & Gluten Free French Bread by Blueberries and Blessings
- Dairy & Gluten Free Crunchy Almond Sesame Crackers by Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
- Dairy & Gluten Free Individual Chocolate Pavlova by The Girl in The Little Red Kitchen
- Gluten Free Flourless Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Cookies by Juanita’s Cocina
- Gluten Free Ghoriba by Maroc Mama
- Dairy, Egg & Gluten Free Apple Almond Butter Cookies by What Smells So Good?
- Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookies with Almond Flour by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Nut Free Lemon Cardamom Wedding Cookies by Gourmet Drizzles
- Dairy Free Chocolate Gelato by Growing Up Gabel
- Dairy, Egg, Gluten & Sugar Free Cantaloupe Strawberry Coconut Gazpacho by Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Gluten Free Meringue Kisses with Dulce de Lece by Basic N Delicious
- Dairy & Egg Free Vegan Everyday Chocolate Loaf by Gotta Get Baked
- Gluten, Dairy, and Nut Free Coconut Macaroons by Happy Baking Days
- Dairy, Egg, Gluten & Soy Free Tastes like Chocolate Ice Cream by Cookistry
- Dairy, Egg & Gluten Free Vegan Bread Pudding by In the Kitchen with Audrey
- Gluten Free Enoki Mushroom & Pine Nut Quinoa by Family Foodie
- Gluten Free Mousse & Cookies by Ninja Baking
- Gluten Free Brown Butter Snickerdooles by Pies and Plots
- Dairy, Egg & Soy Free Chai Spice Coconut Ice Cream by Daily Dish Recipes
- Gluten Free Lemonade Dip by The Messy Baker
- Gluten & Dairy Free Honey Bear Smoothies by Neighborfood
- Sugar Free Strawberry Meyer Lemonade by The Weekend Gourmet
Be sure to come back on Sunday for all the amazing “Free For All” recipes! We would love to have you join our Twitter #SundaySupper chat party starting at 7:00 pm EST. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag throughout the day to see the amazing recipes. We look forward to see you to join all you need to do is follow[ the #SundaySupper hashtag and please do not forget to include the hashtag in your tweets as well. Be sure to check out our #SundaySupper Pinterest board for more delicious recipes and photos.